The SEO checklist for small businesses below is for those that want to improve their search visibility and start generating leads & sales from organic traffic.
If you work your way down the list and tick everything off you are guaranteed to rank higher:
- Create accounts on Google Analytics & Google Search Console
- Create a profile on Google My Business
- Install Bing Webmaster Tools
- Make a list of keywords you wish to rank for by using Google’s keyword planner tool or semrush.
- Add your address & phone number on every page of your website
- Check your website is mobile friendly.
- Make sure your website runs at optimal speed
- Check and reduce your sites bounce rate where applicable
- Add social media sharing buttons and links to your social media accounts
- Follow this comprehensive on page SEO guide
- Set up a blog and build a thriving and profitable blog audience
- Claim or set up and optimise local citations
- Use majestic SEO to reverse engineer your competitors best backlinks
- Ask suppliers, customers & contacts to link to your website
- Approach bloggers with content which may be valuable to their readers & ask for links